Monday 11 June 2012

My Passion

Well, I've seen alot of blogs on genealogy so I figured I would try my hand at it and see how it goes. Let me introduce myself and how I got started.....

I am a  Canadian Genealogist, my passion in genealogy all started in my grade 9 history class when my teacher became very interested in my background due to my last name. He engaged me in conversation about my last name being Polish. Little did I know then, I was far from Polish. We did family trees and talked in class about our backgrounds. This teacher made everything about history and where we came from very interesting to learn about. History became one of my best classes. Today I often wish I would have continued on with school and became a historian instead of health care. I also wish I could track down that teacher from long ago and tell him all that I have discovered, I think he would be very impressed.
I love genealogy, I love learning about where we came from, I think its amazing how all of these people came together and eventually came together to make you. I love the different stories that you can discover about each family in your tree. I love learning how they came to North America. Your family tree is like your own personal non-fiction story. Its also something special that generations after you can appreciate and hopefully continue on.

In this blog I will write about different things concerning my genealogy, like different websites, stories, current searches I am doing and other things.


No comments:

Post a Comment